Interested in Adopting a Greyhound?
Our Adoption Package Includes:
- Spayed or Neutered Greyhound
- All Shots Updated
- Teeth Cleaned
- Heartworm Tested
- Loan of a portable crate for a week
- 6 months supply of Heartguard
- Nylon leash & friendly choker
- Snap Collar with GPA ID Tag
- “Adopting a Racing Greyhound” Book by Cynthia Branigan
- Informational Folder & Bumper Sticker
- Cost of Adoption – $230.00
Applicants must be able to provide a loving home and we require a home visit to insure a smooth transition.
- GPACF Application: application (must have Adobe PDF to read and download)
- Want more information? Check our owners-manual
- Age- greyhounds placed through the GPA program are usually between 2 years and five years old.
- Exercise/Space Although greyhounds enjoy a good walk or an occasional area to run, they do not require a lot of space. Inside the house they enjoy curling up in a corner.
- Life Expectancy – These pure bred athletes enjoy many years of good health. With proper care, they have a life expectancy of twelve or more years.
- Feeding/Cost Greyhounds require a good quality high protein food. The primary ingredient must be a protein (beef, chicken, turkey, lamb). The dry food must be moistened with water at feeding time. The cost for feeding is approx. $1.00 a day